CONTACT US TO SCHEDULE | Lifeguarding Instructor/Instructor Trainer Review
CLASS SETTING: Online + Classroom / Pool / Skills Check
- Combines the flexibility of online training with instructor-led skills check
- Start taking your online portion immediately
- Convenient locations and times for in-person or virtual skills check with experienced instructors
This instructor-level American Red Cross course is an abbreviated recertification course for currently certified instructors and instructor trainers. The purpose of the course is to allow participants to review the course content and practice skills in a formal class setting and complete the final written exam.
This in-person Instructor review course is the required course for all Lifeguarding Instructors to re-certify. During this course, Lifeguarding Instructors and Instructor Trainers will participate in an in-water practice and polish skills session in addition to a classroom-based review of Red Cross administrative policies and procedures. Lifeguarding Instructors may also choose to attend a brief "test out" session following this course to gain a basic-level Lifeguarding certification.
- Possess a current American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor certification and/or
- Possess a current American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor Trainer certification
CRITERIA FOR COURSE COMPLETION AND CERTIFICATION:
- Demonstrate and be evaluated for proficiency in all skills and scenarios throughout the course.
- Participate in all course activities.
- Successfully complete the instructor course written exam with a score of at least 80 percent
Lifeguarding Instructors who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate for Lifeguarding Instructor which is valid for 2 years.
Lifeguarding Instructor Trainers who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate for Lifeguarding Instructor Trainer which is valid for 2 years.