Lifeguard Instructor Crossover/Re-entry Bridge Course | October 13, 2023, 9:00AM-5:30PM | Camp Champions 775 Camp Rd. Marble Falls, TX 78654 | Online + Classroom
DATE + TIME:
Friday, October 13, 2023
775 Camp Rd.
Marble Falls, TX 78654
CLASS SETTING: Online + Classroom / Pool / Skills Check
- Combines the flexibility of online training with instructor-led skills check
- Start taking your online portion immediately
- Convenient locations and times for in-person or virtual skills check with experienced instructors
This instructor-level American Red Cross course is an abbreviated course to recognize the previous training of American Red Cross instructors and those who are current Lifeguarding instructors from other organizations to allow these individuals to participate in an abbreviated instructor crossover/re-entry course to become current American Red Cross lifeguarding instructors.
This in-person Instructor course is for former American Red Cross lifeguarding instructors whose certifications expired no more than 2 years before the beginning of the Instructor Crossover/Re-Entry course and current lifeguarding instructors from other organizations (see list below) are eligible to participate in the Lifeguarding Instructor Crossover/Re-Entry course. Instructors whose authorizations were suspended or withdrawn for any reason are not eligible to participate in the Lifeguarding Instructor Crossover/Re-Entry course.
The instructor candidate must:
- Be at least 19 years of age.
- Possess one of the following: A current basic-level American Red Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED certification or An equivalent certification from another organization.
- Possess one of the following: Documentation of previous American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED instructor certification (expired no more than 2 years).
- Documentation of current external credentials showing that the individual successfully completed a formalized lifeguarding instructor course with one of the following organizations: Canadian Red Cross—Lifeguarding Instructor; YMCA—Lifeguarding Instructor; International Pool and Waterpark Lifeguard Training Program (Ellis & Associates)–Lifeguard instructor; Boy Scouts of America (BSA)—either Aquatics instructor or BSA Lifeguard instructor; Starfish Aquatics Institute—StarGuard Instructor; Lifesaving Society of Canada—Lifesaving Instructor; Royal Life Saving Society of the United Kingdom—Lifesaving Instructor; or United States Lifesaving Association—Open Water Lifeguard Instructor
- Have successfully completed the online Introduction to the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor Course.
- Obtain the Lifeguarding Instructor’s Manual (print), Lifeguarding Manual (print or digital) and American Red Cross Lifeguarding DVD set and/or Lifeguarding Course Presentation before the course.
- Go to the Red Cross Learning Center (Redcrosslearningcenter.org), Instructor Candidate Resources section. Printed versions can also be purchased at the Red Cross Store via a link provided in the Red Cross Learning Center.
CRITERIA FOR COURSE COMPLETION AND CERTIFICATION:
- Demonstrate and be evaluated for proficiency in all skills and scenarios throughout the course.
- Participate in all course activities.
- Successfully complete the instructor course written exam with a score of at least 80 percent
Upon Successful Completion
Upon successful completion of the instructor course, each instructor candidate will receive certification from the American Red Cross indicating that the instructor certification is valid for 2 years.
- Please complete all fields below.
- Click here for Consent, Liability Waiver, Terms, and Conditions.