- Instructor Training
- Water Safety Instructor®| May 31, 7PM- 9PM, June 03 and 04, 2023 9AM-8PM | Camp America, 341 Lower State Rd, Chalfont, PA 18914 | Online + Classroom
Water Safety Instructor®| May 31, 7PM- 9PM, June 03 and 04, 2023 9AM-8PM | Camp America, 341 Lower State Rd, Chalfont, PA 18914 | Online + Classroom
DATE + TIME:
Wednesday, May 31, 2023, 07:00PM-09:00PM (Remote on Zoom)
Saturday, June 03, 2023, 09:00AM-08:00PM (In-person)
Sunday, June 04, 2023, 09:00AM-08:00PM (In-person)
341 Lower State Rd, Chalfont, PA 18914
(Look for signs upon arrival for directions to classroom.)
CLASS SETTING: Online + Classroom/Pool
- Combines the flexibility of online training with instructor-led skills check
- Start taking your online portion immediately
- Convenient locations and times for in-person or virtual skills check with experienced instructors
This course trains American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor® canidates to teach courses and presentations in the Red Cross Swimming and Water Safety program by developing their understanding of how to use the course materials how to conduct training sessions and how to evaluate participants’ progress. The courses and presentations include Parent and Child Aquatics Levels 1 and 2 Preschool Aquatics Levels 1 - 3 Learn-to-Swim Levels 1 - 6 three adult courses as well as the Basic Water Rescue and Personal Water Safety courses and more.
• Be at least 16 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
• Demonstrate the ability to perform the following swimming skills:
- Swim the following strokes consistent with the Stroke Performance Charts, Level 4:Front Crawl – 25 yards, Back Crawl – 25 yards, Breaststroke – 25 yards, Elementary Backstroke – 25 yards, Sidestroke – 25 yards, Butterfly – 15 yards
- Maintain position on back for 1 minute in deep water (floating or sculling)
- Tread water for 1 minute
- Complete all eLearning modules and assessments.
- Attend the entire course and participate in all class sessions.
- Actively participate in all course activities, including assuming various roles.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills.
- Pass the final skills and written exam.
- Please complete all fields below.
- Click here for Consent, Liability Waiver, Terms, and Conditions.