Lifeguarding | May 30 - June 02, 2023, 04:30PM-09:30PM | Camp America, 341 Lower State Rd, Chalfont, PA 18914 | Online + Classroom
DATE + TIME:
Tuesday, May 30, 2023, 04:30PM-09:30PM
Wednesday, May 31, 2023, 04:30PM-09:30PM
Thursday, June 01, 2023, 04:30PM-09:30PM
Friday, June 02, 2023, 04:30PM-09:30PM
In case of extreme inclement weather:
Monday, June 5th, 04:30 PM-07:30 PM
341 Lower State Rd, Chalfont, PA 18914
(Look for signs upon arrival for directions to classroom.)
CLASS SETTING: Online + Classroom / Pool / Skills Check
- Combines the flexibility of online training with instructor-led skills check
- Start taking your online portion immediately
- Convenient locations and times for in-person or virtual skills check with experienced instructors
This basic-level American Red Cross course provides provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED which is valid for 2 years.
- Minimum age: 15 years on or before the last day of the course
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds by starting in the water, swimming 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point, exit the water without using steps or a ladder.
- Complete all eLearning modules and assessments.
- Attend the entire course and participate in all class sessions.
- Actively participate in all course activities, including assuming various roles during scenarios.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills.
- Pass the final skills scenario and written exam.
- Please complete all fields below.
- Click here for Consent, Liability Waiver, Terms, and Conditions.