CONTACT US TO SCHEDULE | Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor
CONTACT US TO SCHEDULE!
CLASS SETTING: Online + Classroom / In-Person
- Combines the flexibility of online learning with instructor-led training
- The online session takes approximately 2 hours to complete
- The in-person session designed to be taught in approximately 5-6 hours
This instructor-level American Red Cross course will train instructor candidates to teach basic-level American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) courses.
This is a blended learning course consisting of online content, a skills session and classroom segments. Online material must be completed prior to attending the classroom activities. Once enrolled in the course, you received an email from the American Red Cross with instructions to access and complete the online session.
- Instructor Candidates must possess a current basic-level American Red Cross Basic Life Support certification (or equivalent)
- Be at least 16 years of age on the last day of the instructor course.
CRITERIA FOR COURSE COMPLETION AND CERTIFICATION:
Instructor candidates must:
- Successfully complete the American Red Cross Basic Life Support Instructor course online session. (Access provided after registration.)
- Attend and actively participate in the in-person session.
- Successfully complete the Basic Life Support skill verification during which you will have an opportunity to practice your hands-on skills and demonstrate competency via the team response testing scenarios.
- Successfully complete class activities, including the required practice teaching assignments. You will be given two practice teaching assignments, which will give you experience in preparing to teach lesson plans, presenting course information, using audiovisual equipment, conducting skill practice and assessment scenarios, evaluating performance, and participating in feedback and evaluation sessions. A certified Instructor Trainer will evaluate your practice teaching assignments. You will receive a list of potential practice teaching topics during the online session. Please refer to this topic list to prepare ahead of time for your in-person session.
- Demonstrate instructor-level skill competency in all skills.
- Pass the written final exam with a minimum grade of 80 percent.
Participants who successfully complete the instructor course will be issued a Basic Life Support Instructor certification that is valid for 2 years.
CONTACT US TO SCHEDULE!